Midlothian Independent School District experienced record activity for a fourth quarter, according to the most recent School District Strategies report.
The district’s new-home market produced record highs in 2017 with 791 starts and 634 closings — up 41% and 43%, respectively.
Builders started 209 new homes in the district, the second-most starts in any quarter since 1998 next to the highest starts on record — 222 — in the first quarter of 2017. MISD also experienced the second-most closings on record in any quarter since 2006, reaching 166 closings in 4Q17, next to 181 closings in 2Q06.
The five top-producing new subdivisions in Midlothian ISD were Lawson Farms, Coventry Crossing, Parkside Estates, McAlpin Manor and Patriot Estates.
MISD encompasses 112 square miles and has two high schools, two middle schools, and seven elementary schools. Future schools are on the drawing board to open in August 2019 and August 2020.
Other highlights from the fourth-quarter 2017 SDS report:
- MISD estimated to have a total population of 40,036 in 2017.
- New residential growth is projected to drive MISD enrollment up by an average of 5.9% annually through 2022.
- District enrollment projected to surpass 10,000 students in 2020 and 11,000 students in 2022.
- The district’s median new home price climbed to a record $380,042 in 2017, up 18.1% as compared with 2016.
- In 2017, developers delivered 825 new single-family residential lots in MISD and 861 future single-family lots are currently under development.
- Under the Moderate Scenario, MISD is projected to average 770 new homes per year over the next five years.
- For 2017, Midlothian ISD ranked 13th in total new home starts and 16th in total closings compared to the other 86 DFW school districts.
- 82% of the district’s new home starts are located in subdivisions with average base pricing of more than $300,000.
By all accounts, the Midlothian community is on a steady path of exciting progress. Watch for more developments!
Together, these facts point to a community that continues to lead in positive residential growth and is building the home infrastructure that supports both retail development and advanced industrial development. Great things are happening here!