As reported in an article by Area Development magazine, the availability of a skilled workforce ranks as the No. 1 factor in determining a location.
This doesn’t come as much of a surprise; regardless of all other factors. If you can’t find the staff necessary for success, little else matters.
With 13 million people, the Lone Star State is home to the nation’s second-largest pool of potential civilian employees, a number that continues to grow.
While we believe — and are admittedly a little biased — that there are a wide range of great reasons for industries to locate in Midlothian, one asset this community possesses is the ready-access to the educational facilities that produce a skilled and educated workforce.
An impressive array of higher education institutions are within 30 miles of Midlothian, including:
- Midlothian Higher Education Center — Through the Midlothian Higher Education Center, students can start their education through Navarro College, then have the opportunity to complete degree programs through Tarleton State University.
- Texas State Technical College – Red Oak
Notably, TSTC offers a great scholarship opportunity for high school students from Midlothian. In partnership with local industry, Midlothian Economic Development provides funds to The TSTC Foundation’s Texan Success Scholarship. Graduates of MISD and residents of Midlothian are eligible for these $1,000 scholarships.
- Texas State Technical College — Red Oak
- Navarro College — Waxahachie
- Southwest Assemblies of God University — Waxahachie
- University of Texas at Arlington
- Southern Methodist University — Dallas
- University of Texas Southwest Medical Center — Dallas
- Dallas Baptist University — Dallas
- University of Dallas — Dallas
- Texas Christian University — Fort Worth
From training in trades to some of the world’s best business and science educations, businesses in Midlothian are positioned to access a large workforce with diverse backgrounds, experiences, and expertise.
Show Your Support of Texas Technical Education
The TSTC Foundation’s Texan Success Scholarship is an “open fund” capable of receiving additional contributions from any person or organization. Industry partners are encouraged to contribute to the fund to help local students advance their education and increase the community’s pipeline of skilled workforce.